Following a recent Drogheda Photographic Club meeting, a few of us got talking about the idea of having a photowalk in the Drogheda area. Many of the club members are part of the pix.ie photo website & got the idea of a photo walk after hearing of recent sucessful Dublin city centre based walks. Well anything they can do……….
So if you’re free on Sunday 10th May, why not join us for a walk around the historic town of Drogheda. We intend to meet up in the car park beside the Bus Eireann depot around 11am & head into the town, around the docks, heading near many of the old buildings of the town to finnish at Millmount [known locally as the Cup 'n Saucer], beside the club’s buildings at about 5pm.
Please see the planned route below. We will also keep you updated on our twitter feed.
Planned meeting point in the car park beside the Drogheda Bus Depot on Sunday 10th May 2009.
Follow our twitter feed for more details.
Drogheda Photo Walk (route by Derek Mc Auley aka D Photography)
Sunday 10th May
- Meeting Point Drogheda Bus Depot (11.00 am) [Green dot]
- Head North East to Duleek Gate Walls
- Along John Street to St Mary’s Church
- Steps adjacent to Bia Café on to Marsh Rd
- Along Marsh Rd To Ship Street (oldest street in Drogheda)
- Back up to Scotch Hall along the river adjacent to D Hotel
- Across Delacey Bridge heading east along North Quay
- Down to Monaghans Port Entrance
- Coast Rd and up St Catherine’s Steps to Thomas Street
- Thomas Street graveyard ( oldest town cemetery )
- Kierans Corner and Pub stop ( Tommy Hanratty’s ) [Blue dot]
- There’s been a change of plan as Tommy Hanratty’s may not be open for lunch for us all. We will probably eat in Bru cafe closer to town a little while later.
- Along Scarlet Street to Halpin’s Terrace and back onto Cord Rd
- Lawrence’s Gate and King Street onto William Street
- St Peter’s Church of Ireland Grounds
- Down Peter St across West St
- St. Peters Church down Dominic’s St over Dominic’s Bridge
- Into Ramparts Park adjacent to Boyne River
- Across Bridge of Peace into Donaghy’s Mill
- Down Horse Lane ( river rescue )
- Across Trinity St up Georges St and east to Patrick’s St
- Magdalene’s Tower, down Magdalene St Back down Peter’s St
- Down Shop St to Bullring and up Steps to Millmount Square
- End at Drogheda Photographic Club ( Pub Stop Millmount Bar ) [Red dot]
What a great day. Sixteen guys & gals arrived & enjoyed a beautiful walk around the streets or Drogheda in glorious sunshine. Who would have thought that! We’re hoping for plenty of great shots & are looking forward to seeing many of them on your own blogs & pix.ie. If you’re going to upload any to pix.ie, can you tag each photo with DPW, to make it easier for everyone to find them.
If you’ve tagged your pix.ie images with DPW, you can see them all here.
Say hi to all who were there….